Plan Your Visit
To maintain a beautiful and tranquil environment for all, please note:
General Information: (503) 223-1321
For specific departments, please see the contact page.
The Garden is located in the west hills of Portland, Oregon, directly above the Rose Gardens in Washington Park.
611 SW Kingston Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97205
Portland Japanese Garden
P.O. Box 3847
Portland, Oregon 97208-3847
Your admission includes access to the Garden, the Garden Gift Store, and when offered, public tours and exhibitions. (Some special events are not included with admission. For more information, please see the Events Calendar.)
- $9.50 Adult
- $7.75 Senior (62+)
- $7.75 College Student (w/ID)
- $6.75 Youth (6-17)
- Children 5 and under free
You can also purchase admission tickets online and have them mailed to your home!
The Garden is open to visitors seven days a week year-round, closing only on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
(October 1—March 31)
- Monday: Noon-4 p.m.
- Tuesday–Sunday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
NEW! Anniversary Year Extended Hours
(April 1—September 30)
- Monday: Noon—7 p.m.
- Tuesday—Sunday: 9 a.m.—7 p.m.
(May 1—July 31, 2013)
- Saturday: 9 a.m.—9 p.m.
Guided public tours are available April through October at 10:45 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2:30 p.m. daily, with no additional charge with paid admission and no need to book in advance for groups of less than 10. November through March, tours are offered at 1 p.m. on weekends only. Please note, the Garden is not open for a 10:45 a.m. tour on Mondays, except on certain holidays.
Public tours are generally 45 minutes to one hour, outdoors, and on foot. Visitors may join or leave the public tour at any time—no reservations necessary.
Private Group Tours
Private group tours for 10 or more paying customers may be available upon request. Click here to navigate to our tour webpage.
A free shuttle bus from our parking lot to the Admission Gate operates daily from April-September and weekends only the rest of the year.
Accessibility for visitors with disabilities is limited. Please call ahead for details:
For Portland visitor information and hotel reservations, please visit TravelPortland.com or call toll-free 1-877-678-5263.
- The Benson Hotel is the preferred hotel of the Portland Japanese Garden. Visit them online or call 1-800-663-1144 for more information.
- The Portland Perks Travel Package: Exclusive rates at more than 35 Portland-area hotels. Rates include free overnight parking (avg. savings of more than $25/night downtown), the discount-packed Portland Perks coupon book and complimentary continental breakfast for two.
Further Visitor Information
- The nearby International Rose Test Garden
- The woodland trails of Forest Park and Hoyt Arboretum
- More attractions in Washington Park
Questions? Call (503) 223-1321 or email us.